Dewalt Air compressors are used in many industrial and home projects for power tools, airbrushes, tire inflation, and dusting. Choosing the right model for your needs can be confusing because there are lots of features to consider and prices range from inexpensive to high-end.
Factors Influencing the Price of a Dewalt Air Compressor
The price of a Dewalt air compressor is determined by a variety of factors, including the type of compressor, its size, power, and motor. Additionally, different models can vary in price, as well as the accessories that come with the compressor.
Size and Capacity
Larger compressors have greater capacity and, as such, cost more than smaller ones. For example, a 20-gallon compressor carries a higher price tag than a 6-gallon model because it’s able to perform tasks that require more power or work on larger objects.
When determining the size of an air compressor you’ll need for your project, consider not only its capacity but also the type and scope of work you need to be done. The right-sized unit will provide optimal performance while saving you both money and stress in the long run.
The features of an air compressor are the major factor determining its price. Air compressors come in various shapes, sizes, and configurations. When shopping for a Dewalt air compressor, it’s important to consider some of the features that you need in order to ensure you’re getting the most out of your purchase.
- Size and Power Level: The size and power of the compressor play a huge role in how much it costs. Air compressors typically range from 1 horsepower to 3 horsepower, with smaller machines being more affordable than larger ones.
- Type: Single-stage or two-stage compressors offer different levels of performance that suit different types of tasks. A single-stage air compressor is powerful but may not be suitable for heavy industrial use; however, it may be adequate for light do-it-yourself (DIY) tasks around the home or workshop. Two-stage air compressors are designed to tackle more demanding tasks in industrial and automotive settings due to their increased power and performance levels.
- Tank Capacity: The tank capacity on an air compressor varies depending on how large the machine is. Some models contain up to 20 gallons which makes them ideal for covering large projects like vehicle repair jobs or construction work where optimal pressure is essential for a successful outcome. On the other hand, smaller models with tanks from 1 – 5 gallons may be better suited for DIY tasks at home where short bursts of power are needed occasionally but won’t constantly overload your system at once.
- Air Pressure Range: Most Dewalt air compressors have an operating range between 0 PSI (pounds per square inch) up to 150 PSI which should accommodate most users’ requirements depending on their chosen task or project type.
The brand of a Dewalt air compressor plays an important role in its price. Whether the air compressor is branded with Dewalt, Porter-Cable, Craftsman, or another name, the price and quality are impacted by the characteristics it offers.
Popular brands are more expensive due to factors such as increased levels of service agreements offered and higher levels of customer satisfaction. Additionally, some brands have an ongoing design evolution that increases the performance features as compared to other brands.
The quality of the Dewalt air compressor plays a major role in determining its price. It is important to understand that the most expensive compressor isn’t necessarily the best one. It is important to look at the features that come with the compressor, as well as its overall construction, before making a purchase.
Dewalt air compressors range in quality from basic bare-bones models to more robust units with a variety of features and benefits. The robust units are often more expensive, but they have features such as variable speed settings, larger air tanks, and higher CFM ratings.
The brand also plays an important role when you are shopping for Dewalt air compressors; some brands offer better warranties than others or have significantly higher customer satisfaction ratings.
Prices of Dewalt Air Compressors
Dewalt air compressors are tools that are used for a range of different tasks, from powering nail guns to inflating tires. These air compressors come in different sizes and capacities, and the cost of each can vary significantly.
Portable Air Compressors
Dewalt’s portable air compressors are great for providing compressed air in a variety of industrial and commercial environments, as they are easy to move and don’t take up too much space.
There is a wide variety of models of various sizes, from 2-gallon electric models to larger, gas-powered units of up to 15 gallons. Prices range from around $300 for the smallest electric models, up to about $1,500 for the largest portable compressors.
The less expensive electric models have upwards of 115 PSI with 5 CFM capacity. These are excellent for light to medium-duty jobs using tools like brad nailers and staplers where only a small amount of compressed air is needed.
At the other end of the price spectrum, there are large gas-powered units like Dewalts 15-gallon 170 PSI compressors with 10 CFM capacity. This site can provide enough power to operate more demanding tools such as impact wrenches and sandblasters while still being portable enough to be moved easily throughout a job site or shop environment.
Stationary Air Compressors
Dewalt Stationary Air Compressors come in various sizes and capacities, making it easy for you to find the perfect one for your job. As you compare air compressors in the Dewalt lineup, you will find prices ranging from quite affordable to more expensive industrial-grade units.
- DEWALT 5 HP 80-Gallon Two Stage Electric Air Compressor – powered by a 5HP/208/230V motor, this air compressor has an outlet pressure of 135 PSI with a CFM of 14.5 at 100 PSI. Prices range from approximately $1,000 -$1,300.
- DEWALT 7 HP 60-Gallon Two Stage Electric Air Compressor – powered by a 7HP/208/230V motor, this compressor has an outlet pressure of 175 PSI with a CFM of 17 at 100 PSI. Prices range from approximately $1,200 -$1,500.
- DEWALT 8 HP 80-Gallon Two Stage Electric Air Compressor – powered by an 8HP/208/230V motor this air compressor has an outlet pressure of 200PSI with a CFM of 16at100PSI. Prices range from approximately $1,600 -$2,200.
These three models represent the stationary Dewalt air compressors most widely used for commercial construction.
While the exact cost of a Dewalt air compressor will depend on the specific model, type, and size that you’re looking for, expect to pay around $300 to $500 for a quality product. That being said, it’s best to do your research beforehand in order to determine which air compressor is best suited to your needs and budget. In doing so, you can ensure that you get an efficient and reliable machine that will last for years and provide years of hassle-free service at an affordable price.
Leave a Reply